Friday 18 May 2012

BTH 1802 (Fundamentals of Biotechnology) poster

         I am currently taking BTH 1802 as first year second semester unit and I am required to design a poster for the last assignment. The title of this assignment is Genetically Modified Organism and there are 7 marking criteria. This assignment accounts for 20% of total course work which is very heavy. I have spent about 3 weeks for designing this poster and finally it is done on 18/5/2012. The title of my poster is Vistive Gold Soybeans which are produced by Monsanto Company. Monsanto is one of the leading biotechnology companies in the world and I wish I have a chance to work at there in the future. For the first week, I gathered information about the product. For the second week, I edited all the information and this was the hardest part of this assignment. For the third week, I printed it out on A3 size and start designing it. The title of my poster is Vistive Gold soybeans which help to prevent heart disease by having zero trans fat thus I must link my title with my design in order for things to make sense. The heart in the center is actually cookie cutter and I filled it with soybeans, sealed it and stuck it. The fake blood vessels are actually cloth hanger and I bought it from hardware store. I used a lot of plastics, manilla card, paper, glue and cellophane tape for this poster. Overall, I am quite satisfied with my poster after a lot of time and hard work have been spent on it. 

Front View

Front View

"Heart", "Blood Vessels" and soybeans

Side View

Title

Side Design


No comments:

Post a Comment